To install the PHP/Pecl audio file ID3 functions onto Fedora 13 with Apache 2.2.17:
1) Download PHP5.X or higher.
2) Configure, Make and Make Install PHP as desired.
2) After PHP is up and running download the latest version of ID3.X (0.2 or higher)
3) CD to php5.X/ext dir.
4) Uncompress ID3.x into the ext dir.
5) CD into your ID3.X dir.
6) Run the following:
1) phpize (ignore phpize failed error).
4) make install
7) Add extension=/SomeDir/SomeDir/php-5.X/ext/id3-0.2/modules/id3.so to your php.ini file.
8) Restart Apache.
9) Test your installation with a MP3 that has valid ID3 Tags. I suggest that you edit your mp3 file with EasyTag or Kid3 (Preferred. Be sure to convert the tags to version 2.3 from the tools menu).
Information for installing this PECL extension may be found in the manual chapter titled Installation of PECL extensions. Additional information such as new releases, downloads, source files, maintainer information, and a CHANGELOG, can be located here: » http://pecl.php.net/package/id3.
A DLL for this PECL extension is currently unavailable. See also the building on Windows section.